Saturday, January 28, 2006

Beyoncé Meets Her Match!


Beyonce Knowles

What's a celebrity to do? Star in a movie or take a vacation? That was the dilemma BEYONCÉ faced when she was asked to star in the remake of 'The Pink Panther,' in theaters February 10, 2006.

"I only had a month and DESTINY'S CHILD was going back in the studio, so I had to decide, 'Am I going to do a movie or am I going to go on vacation?'" Beyoncé revealed. "I thought I was going to go on vacation until they told me the offer was from 'The Pink Panther.' I was, 'The Pink Panther'! That's amazing. STEVE MARTIN, that's even more amazing."

In the updated version of the 1963 film, Martin re-interprets the role of the bumbling police detective, Inspector Clouseau, made famous by PETER SELLERS, while KEVIN KLINE takes on the role of Chief Inspector Dreyfus and French favorite JEAN RENO is Ponton, Clouseau's new sidekick. Beyoncé fits right in with her role as Xania -- an international pop star -- who happens to become a murder suspect!

"You don't know if Xania has a crush on Clouseau or if she is using her sexuality as a weapon," the pop diva admits.

The plot concerns a world-famous soccer coach who has been murdered and whose priceless ring -- a stunning diamond known as the "Pink Panther" -- has been stolen. The French government needs a master detective to solve the crime -- but he's not available -- so it's up to the bumbling Clouseau to save the day!
Beyoncé had previously starred in the comedy 'Austin Powers in Goldmember,' which she claims felt more like summer camp than work, so the chance to do another comedy was something she jumped on. And then, of course, there were the fab fashions by designer JOSEPH G. AULISI, who previously gowned the gals in 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.'

"Xania is very fashion forward," Beyoncé says. "Every outfit gets better and better. Joe Aulisi came to my concert and showed me some of the sketches and I couldn't wait to get in these clothes."

And fans of Beyoncé's music take note: The Grammy® Award-winning singer will perform the theme song, and, as Xania, she sings "A Woman Like Me."

Source: ET

No comments: