Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nicole & Keith Get Serious

LePaparazzi News Updates





Tom Hanks, Nicole Kidman, and Keith Urban

She may be an Oscar winner, but Nicole Kidman has embraced the role of being her boyfriend Keith Urban's No. 1 groupie with gusto. As her country rocker beau kicked off a surprise gig at Nashville’s Lipscomb University last month, Kidman was “just cheering like a fan,” a concertgoer tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

The actress has also embraced a surprisingly sedate life with the singer in Music City. The fellow Aussies, both 38, are now as much of a Nashville staple as the Grand Ole Opry – nesting at Urban’s mansion in the posh Green Hills neighborhood, dining out with neighbor LeAnn Rimes, flashing that whopping diamond ring of Kidman's all over town. (An engagement ring? The couple still won't say, though Kidman has been wearing it on her ring finger since November.)

Pals say there's no doubt Kidman and Urban are deeply in love. "They seem great together," says a source close to Kidman. "Real love just happens. You don't plan it. And that's what happened with them.

They fell in love." And lately, the spotlight-shy pair aren't afraid to show it – turning up together in the front row at February's Grammys (their first major event as a couple), gabbing with Barbara Walters at Vanity Fair's post-Oscars party and strolling hand-in-hand near Urban's home.

All of which, of course, means that folks from Malibu to Nashville's Music Row – including some close to the couple – are buzzing about when the two will set a wedding date. "They're perfect together," says a Nashville source. "I think they'll definitely get married."

Source



Tori Separates Fact from Fiction





Tori Spelling

In the new VH1 sitcom So NoTORIous, Tori Spelling plays a fictional version of (wait for it . . . ) Tori Spelling. Tori-watchers will recognize this character as the Beverly Hills, 90210 star who grew up in a mansion complete with at least one gift-wrapping room.

But there are some differences: The faux Tori is single, while the real Tori is engaged to actor Dean McDermott, her boyfriend of seven months. To separate more fact from fiction, Spelling, 32, sat down with PEOPLE's Ulrica Wihlborg.

In the show, you tackle all the jokes about yourself. How does it feel to be the one to make the joke?

It’s been really freeing. I’ve been a target my entire life. At this point, there’s nothing anyone can say that will faze me. Bring it on! It’s more material for the show.

So you’re beyond being offended?

VH1 and Out magazine are (throwing) a party for the show, and they’re hiring Tori drag queens! They were like, "Does that offend you?" Of course it doesn’t offend me! There’s this famous drag queen called Suppositori Spelling. I’m like, "You have to find her!"

In the show you have a close relationship with the woman who was your nanny growing up. Is that based on real life?

Yes. I had a nanny who was like a second mother to me (she has since passed away). She was the biggest influence on me growing up. When I think about how I want to raise a child, it’s always things she taught me. I got my manners from her, for example. I wanted to pay homage to her; she would be so excited.

When the Tori character dates, it seems the guy always has an ulterior motive – either money or an acting job.

I’ve had that experience – I’d go on a couple of dates and think everything was great, and then I’d get a call and he’d say, “Hey, can you ask your dad (TV producer Aaron Spelling) if I can audition for his show?”

You’re a producer of So NoTORIous – have you always wanted to emulate your dad in that respect?

I always wanted to learn about that world. On summer vacations since I was 5 years old, I would go to the office with him every day if I could and pretend I was his assistant. When my brother wanted to play with toys, I wanted to go to the (Dynasty) set and hang out with Joan Collins!

Your mother on the show is a pretty unlikeable character – is it true your real mom isn’t speaking to you because of it?

It’s not true. My family knows the mother is not based on my mother. I like the mother-daughter dynamic on the show, because I think it’s a difficult relationship, and that’s something my mother and I have always shared. But that should never be taken as “we don’t love each other."

Source



Cameron Courts Victory in Topless Pics Case


Cameron Diaz

The battle over Cameron Diaz's bare breasts is over.

The In Her Shoes star is no doubt walking on air after a resounding victory in her lawsuit against a now imprisoned photographer. Diaz's publicist, Brad Cafarelli, confirmed Friday that a Los Angeles judge has awarded Diaz statutory damages in the case, which involved the illicit sale of topless photos and video taken of the actress more than a decade ago, before she was an A-lister.

In his ruling Thursday, the judge also dismissed a countersuit that the shutterbug, John Rutter, had brought against Diaz, accusing her of fraud and breach of contract. A further ruling is expected on whether Rutter must foot Diaz's legal bill.

Diaz sued Rutter in 2004 for unauthorized commercial use of her name and image after the photog tried to get her to buy the photos for $3.3 million. When she balked, he threatened to sell them to a European advertising agency for $5 million.

Rutter in turn sued Diaz for $10 million, claiming she expressed interest in buying the pictures and lured him into a trap.

Diaz's lawyers tipped off police, who arrested Rutter. Last July, he was convicted of felony charges of forgery, perjury and attempted grand larceny. Rutter is currently serving a nearly four-year sentence for being, as the judge in the criminal case declared, the "shot-caller in a scheme to defraud Miss Diaz."

As for the racy images, they have been secreted away far from the public eye. The judge in the civil case issued a permanent injunction barring any sale, license or use of the photos and videotape.

Diaz, meanwhile, will be next be seen--fully clothed--on screen in The Holiday, a romantic comedy costarring Kate Winslett and Jack Black due out Dec. 8.

Source



Russell And Kimora Lee Update





Russell and Kimora lee Simmons and their two girls.

The 48-year-old hip-hop impresario and his model-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons, 30, announced Friday that they were calling it quits after seven years of marriage. The couple was said to have been separated for "some time," though they appeared at public events together and remained living under one roof. The split is amicable.
"Kimora and I will remain committed parents and caring friends with great love and admiration for each other," Simmons, 48, said in a statement." We will also continue to work side by side on a daily basis as partners in all of our businesses."
The two met in 1992, when she was a 17-year-old model and he was the 35-year-old head of Def Jam Records. They married in 1998 and have two daughters, six-year-old Ming Lee Simmons and three-year-old Aoki Lee Simmons.

Source



Howard Stern Lashes Out at Some Fans


Howard Stern

NEW YORK - Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven't made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio.

In January, Stern moved his popular and bawdy morning show to the subscription satellite radio provider.

"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, `I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million,'" Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.

It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally," he says.
"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

In February, CBS Radio, formerly known as Infinity Broadcasting, filed a lawsuit against Stern for improperly using airtime to promote his new show on Sirius.
Stern has claimed the lawsuit is without merit.

Source






No comments: