Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Janice Dickson

LePaparazzi News Updates

"I'm a tyrant," she admits, but still the former supermodel has love on her mind


Janice Dickinson



Janice Dickinson doesn't pull any punches. Give her a subject and she'll go off: Her stint on The Surreal Life? "A complete facade of surrealism." Leaving America's Next Top Model? "I got the boot because I'm too forward." Now the former supermodel, 51, has a new venture to get hyped about: her Oxygen reality show, The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency (premiering tonight), documenting her new business foray.

The single mom (to son Nathan, 19, and daughter Savannah, 12) and author (her third book, Check Please! Dating, Mating & Extricating, hits stores today) chatted with PEOPLE.com about her tyrannical tendencies and which legendary rocker she'd love to date.

Tell me about your reality show.

This isn't a reality show – it's a documentary of a single mother doing a start-up business. This is the most fun rollercoaster ride I've ever encountered – I thrive on the adrenaline factor. I have experience as a photographer and a supermodel and a writer, and now I want to do the industry part as an agent. I think I've come full circle.

What are you like as a boss?

I'm a tyrant. I'm a perfectionist, but I also have a lot of passion. At first there was a lot of fear involved so I screamed.

What's the best lesson you learned from your modeling days that you're trying to impart to your charges?

Hopefully not to make the mistakes that I did – becoming an alcoholic and chemically addicted person. I was at the top of an industry and I just left it in 1985. I handed my crown to Cindy Crawford and went to Europe because I couldn't take all of my friends who were dying of AIDS. The advice that I'd like to give is just get back on the horse and keep walking.


You've been very open about getting plastic surgery – is there anything you wouldn't do to your body?

No, if it makes you feel good, go do it. I've had my breasts done, I've had a facelift – I'm happy with who I am. It works for me. You've also given acting a try.

What's your role like in the upcoming Wassup Rockers?

I play a 38-year-old agorophobic who can't leave the house. It's a dramatic role – I get electrocuted in the bathtub. I did it in one take – I put Hitchcock to shame. You give dating advice in your new book.


What qualities must a guy possess to interest you?

First of all, they have to smell good, second of all they have to make you laugh and they have to look reasonably hygienic.


What's you first-date pet peeve?

If I see that they're taking drugs and not paying attention to me.

And you're single at the moment?

Yes. I heard Paul McCartney is getting a divorce – can you hook me up? I'm not kidding.

Source



Oprah Crashes Wedding Receptions


Oprah Winfrey



In a turn perhaps inspired by Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson, Oprah Winfrey crashed several Tulsa wedding receptions over the weekend, collecting footage that will be seen on her show.

"When we were getting ready, we heard that Oprah was in town buying wedding gifts," said Sarah Klein, the sister of groom Ben Klein, who married Heather Anderson. "We were all joking that she should come to the wedding."

And that's exactly what happened.

"She came in wearing her pink dress and was all hidden under her hat," she said. "I knew it was her."

Winfrey dropped off dishes for the newlyweds and posed for a picture during her few minutes at the reception.

Before visiting the reception, Winfrey stopped off at another wedding party, according to KOTV, which airs the syndicated "Oprah Winfrey Show" locally.

She surprised Morgan and Bethany Francis at their reception, congratulating the couple and leaving a wedding gift of more dishes.

The segments from her Tulsa wedding reception visits are to be aired in a program in September.

Source




Pitt and Jolie to Sell Baby Photos


Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt



Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will give the world its first peek at their newborn daughter by releasing photos of Shiloh Nouvel, with profits going to charity.

The images, taken at a private photo shoot, will be distributed by Getty Images, the photo agency said Monday. All profits will be given to charity, though no specific foundation was announced.

"While we celebrate the joy of the birth of our daughter, we recognize that two million babies born every year in the developing world die on the first day of their lives," the couple said in a joint statement. "These children can be saved, but only if governments around the world make it a priority."

Deb Trevino, a spokeswoman for Getty Images, told The Associated Press the family would later name the charity that will receive the funds. She would not disclose how much the photos were being sold for, or when they would be distributed.

A call by the AP to Pitt's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, was not immediately returned Monday.
Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt was born May 27 in Namibia. In the weeks leading up to the birth, the couple retreated to the African country for government-assisted privacy. Delivered by Caesarean section, the baby weighed 7 pounds and was said to be in good health.

The couple have yet to make a public appearance since the birth.

Jolie, 30, has two adopted children: 16-month-old Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia. Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to adopt the children as well.

Pitt, 42, and Jennifer Aniston divorced last year.

Source

No comments: