Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Paris Hilton: I like Being Single

LePaparazzi News Updates


Paris Hilton



Paris Hilton's been singing the praises of being single this week. On Monday's Late Show with David Letterman, Hilton said she was content being single for another five years – until she's 30. "How about mid-30's?" suggested Letterman.

Continuing on this theme, on Tuesday Hilton announced on Live With Regis and Kelly that she's "single for the first time" in her life – and loving it.

"I always have a boyfriend all the time, so I've never really got to know me and, like, have time for myself because I spend all my energy on the boyfriend," said Hilton, who is promoting her E! series The Simple Life - 'Til Death Do Us Part, in which she costars with ex-pal Nicole Richie.


Hilton, who ended her engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis last year ("We're still friends," she told Letterman), recently broke up with Stavros Niarchos, another Greek shipping heir – though that relationship, too, doesn't appear to be completely over.

The two went browsing together for DVDs last Saturday at a Tower Records in Hollywood and, generally kept close company over the weekend: Niarchos (recently linked to Lindsay Lohan) also attended a birthday party the hotel heiress (recently linked to NFL player Matt Leinart) threw for pal Caroline D'Amore at her Hollywood home, PEOPLE reports in its new issue. "I'm a very strong woman. I don't need a man.

I can be on my own," Hilton told Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa. As for her rivalry with her former best pal Richie, Hilton said she hopes she and her costar will patch things up.

"I've known her 20 years," Hilton said. "I look at baby pictures. It makes me sad that she's, you know – we're going through something right now and we'll make up one day."

Source




Charlie Sheen Steps Out With His New Girlfriend


Sheen and Mueller on June 10



Denise Richards isn't the only one enjoying a new relationship. Now her ex, Charlie Sheen, has a new squeeze. Single since January, Sheen, 40, hit the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles on Saturday with 28-year-old actress and real estate investor Brooke Mueller (a.k.a Brooke Allen, star of 1999's direct-to-video Witchouse).

Sheen's rep tells PEOPLE, "She's his girlfriend." During the event, Sheen showed his gentlemanly side, putting his suit jacket around Mueller's shoulders when the evening turned chilly.

The couple's public outing comes on the heels of Richards's European vacation with her new beau, Richie Sambora. Richards recently told Entertainment Tonight that her relationship with Sambora, 46, was "the last thing I was looking for," adding, "It's true when they say things happen when you least expect it."

Source



Jessica Simpson & Jared Leto: Spring Fling?


Simpson (left) and Leto



Simpson, who will release her new single "Public Affair" on June 27, seems to be engaging in a rather public flirtation with Jared Leto.

"They're an item," a source close to Leto tells PEOPLE in its new issue. The actor, 34 – who has dated Cameron Diaz and Scarlett Johansson – chatted up Simpson and then scored her number on June 2 at the Los Angeles nightclub Hyde.

Four nights later, Leto partied solo at New York City's club Plumm, then headed to Double Seven, where he met up with Simpson, 25. "They were hanging all over each other," says a witness.

Still, a source close to Simpson tells PEOPLE, "Jessica is not dating anyone," and the singer's rep insists, "She is single." Adds Leto's rep, "There is no truth to these rumors."

But what about Lindsay Lohan, who was linked with Leto, her costar in the upcoming Chapter 27, last year (and who clashed with Simpson in April over the attentions of mutual pal Brett Ratner)? "She's telling friends she's furious," says a source close to the actress.

"She feels betrayed by Jared." Says Lohan's rep, "Lindsay could care less."

Source



Tiger Back in the Swing After Dad's Death


Woods at the Winged Foot Golf Club on June 13



In his first news conference since the death five weeks ago of his best friend and mentor – his father, Earl WoodsTiger Woods said he is finally looking forward to competing in the 106th annual U.S. Open.

"I'm very excited the way I've played at home, and even more excited the way I've played here," Woods, 30, said Tuesday at the Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck, N.Y., where the tournament runs from Thursday through Sunday and where Woods is hoping to win his third U.S. Open.

"I'm looking forward to Thursday." According to the Associated Press, Woods said that until recently the thought of playing again was hard to bear because it would remind him of Earl, who'd taught him the game and who died of prostate cancer at 74 last month.

"I really had no desire to get back to the game of golf because of all the memories," Woods said. But when he finally took out his clubs last month, he found that the memories in fact made him happy. "It was hard times going out there late in the evening like I always do," he said. "Any time you take time off and start back, you always work on your fundamentals: grip, posture, stance, alignment. Well, that's what I learned from Dad.

It brought back so many great memories, and every time I thought back, I always had a smile on my face." Woods will end his self-imposed nine-week hiatus from the PGA Tour on Thursday. "I'm here to win the tournament, and all my energy is going toward that," he said. "We've gone through a lot already. Hitting a golf ball around like this is actually the easy part." He added, "I know that Dad would still want me to go out there and grind it and give it my best, and that's what I always do. That's what I will certainly try to do this week
."

Source

No comments: