Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Celebrity: Angelina Jolie's Dad: 'I Haven't Seen Shiloh'


Voight (left) and Jolie


Actor Jon Voight is still hoping to reconcile with daughter Angelina Jolie – and to see Jolie's own new daughter, 6-week-old Shiloh Nouvel.

At Monday night's Los Angeles premiere of You, Me and Dupree, Voight, 67, said he saw the photos of Jolie, Brad Pitt and Shiloh that ran in the magazine recently.

"I never saw Angie's face more happy," he said. "Deep, deep peace that never has been there before until this. Beautiful, beautiful look. Both Brad and Angie looked so happy." He added, "I haven't seen Shiloh yet. I'm looking forward to it." Referring to Jolie, Voight said, "And no, we haven't spoken. ... I don't, I didn't have any communication with her."

In interviews, Jolie, 31, has said she was upset by the way Voight cheated during his marriage to her mother, French actress Marcheline Bertrand, now 54.

The couple split when Jolie was a toddler. After attempts at reconciliation, Jolie and Voight have been estranged for two years. "I don't hate him," she told the Philadelphia Daily News in November. "I simply feel we only have so much energy in this life."

Source

No comments: