Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Celebrity Nick Lachey: I Want to Be a Dad

LePaparazzi Celebrity News Updates


Nick Lachey in New York City, June 9




Only a day after Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo were getting physical – dancing and kissing – at the Manhattan club Butter, the hunky singer was on TV discussing children – and how eagerly he anticipates having them. "I'd like to believe I'll have a family and have kids of my own," Lachey told Extra in an interview that aired Tuesday.

"For me, it's what I look forward to more than anything else." As for whether that future family includes Minnillo, Lachey would only say: "She's a great friend. I'll leave it at that."

After laying his life bare when he and his now ex-wife, Jessica Simpson, starred in their MTV reality show Newlyweds, Lachey says, when it comes to relationship revelations, "That's the one thing I learned, that's a part of my life I'm going to keep private from now on, and we'll leave it up to everyone's imagination."

Not that he was entirely coy about discussing Simpson, whose new album A Public Affair, hits stores Aug. 29. (Lachey's What's Left of Me, which he has been promoting heavily, has so far passed the 500,000 sales mark.) "I'm a huge fan of hers, I always have been," he says. "I wish her nothing but the best with everything she does in life including her singing career.

She deserves every bit of success she's had." As for his own life, he admits, "What I've learned to do is try to ignore the stuff being said. You can't change it or stop it from happening, so worry about the things you can control. Live your life the best way you know how."

Source




Jessica to Be Rosie's First Guest on the View


Jessica Simpson




Jessica Simpson will appear on the first episode of The View to star new cohost Rosie O'Donnell, on Sept. 5, PEOPLE has learned. "Rosie herself reached out to Jessica," says a source close to Simpson about the singer-actress's guest shot.

The two have a long history together, going back to The Rosie O'Donnell Show, which aired from 1996-2002, when O'Donnell was riding the crest as TV's highly rated "Queen of Nice." "When Jessica was just starting out, none of the big shows were interested in her, but Rosie took a chance on her and Jessica never forgot it," says the source. It wasn't just a break that O'Donnell provided, but encouragement.

"When Jessica was on The Rosie O'Donnell Show years ago," the source went on to say, "Rosie went backstage afterwards and said, 'You're gonna be a star.' " Adds the source: "Jessica will never forget her."

The View appearance will just follow the release of Simpson's new album, A Public Affair, which hits stores only a week before, on Aug. 29.

O'Donnell, of course, will be assuming Meredith Vieira's former chair on the ABC daytime gabfest, while Vieira becomes the new cohost of NBC's Today show.

Source




Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Gets Her Own Wax Figure


The wax figure of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt at Madame Tussauds New York




At just 8 weeks old, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt has gotten a tribute once reserved for Oscar winners and world leaders: her own wax figure.

The daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt has been immortalized at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York City in the museum's first-ever wax infant replica, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.

The just-unveiled figure, which took two weeks to fashion, naps perpetually beneath the calm – or vacant? – gaze of her wax parents in a jungle-themed nursery as soft African lullabies play. "Even though she's just a few months old, Shiloh is already an iconic figure in world popular culture," says Madame Tussauds general manager Janine DiGioacchino.

And to honor Shiloh's parents' commitment to charity, while the exhibit lasts Madame Tussauds will give $1 to UNICEF for every Pitt-Jolie family photo that visitors buy. "We are proud to follow Angelina's and Brad's good example by donating to UNICEF – an organization dedicated to preserving children's rights around the world," DiGioacchino says.



Jolie, Pitt and Shiloh in wax

Source




Lance Bass of `N Sync Reveals He's Gay


Lance Bass of 'N Sync attends a news conference in Moscow on Friday, May 31, 2002. Bass, the former member of boy band 'N Sync, reveals he's gay in the upcoming Friday, July 28, 2006 issue of People magazine. The singer, who formed 'N Sync with bandmates Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, says he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity. (AP Photo/Misha Japaridze)




Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."
The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

Source




No comments: