Sunday, July 30, 2006

Celebrity's Pamela Anderson, Kid Rock Tie the Knot


Rock and Anderson




Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock had a wedding ceremony Saturday on a yacht in Saint-Tropez, PEOPLE has confirmed. "She was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen – like a modern-day Brigitte Bardot," Jimmy Choo owner Tamara Mellon tells PEOPLE about Anderson, who wore a white string bikini to her nuptials.

"Kid Rock was a total rock star. He gave her a good kiss. Everybody was crying." Adds Elton John's husband David Furnish: "It was a real rock n' roll wedding." This is the second union for Anderson and the first for Rock (real name: Robert Ritchie) – and, apparently, there are more to come.

"I'm going to get married a few times this month to the same guy," Anderson, 39, said July 26 during a news conference in Las Vegas. "We had to do Malibu, we've got to do Detroit, and we've got to do Nashville." Anderson and Rock, 35, began dating in spring 2001. They became engaged on April 11, 2002, in the Las Vegas desert, but split the following year. Still, when they ran into each other early this month in Saint-Tropez on a mutual friend's yacht, the feelings were still there.

It was like we'd never been apart," Rock told PEOPLE on July 11. "(I) love her to death." Anderson announced their engagement on her Web site on July 18. So why the whirlwind nuptials? "It's just timing," Anderson told PEOPLE on Wednesday.

"It's being in love, obviously, and it's time for me to move on with my life and get on with the rest of it with my kids."

The British Columbia-born Anderson has two sons, Brandon, 10, and Dylan, 8, with ex-husband Tommy Lee, to whom she was married from 1995 until 1998. Her kids were with her when she ran into Rock earlier this month.

"It was so nice to see them," Rock told PEOPLE. At their Saint-Tropez wedding, the bride planned to wear custom Jimmy Choo heels, according to a source. Detroit-born Rock has a 16-year-old son, Robert James Ritchie Jr., whose mother is Kelly South Russell, a Detroit auto worker.

Source





Lance Bass's Beau: I'm Proud of Him


Lance Bass and model, actor and Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl.




Since revealing to PEOPLE that he is gay, Lance Bass has gotten plenty of support from friends and loved ones – especially his boyfriend, model, actor and Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl.

"Lance is happier than he has ever been," Lehmkuhl, 32, tells Access Hollywood in a new interview scheduled to air Friday. "It has been a long ride, and it's a huge relief and I couldn't be happier for him and I couldn't be more proud of him."

When asked if media speculation about the pair's relationship prompted Bass to come out, Lehmkuhl says, "I think through the entire time of being in the closet, anyone is going to feel pressures from this or that."

Bass tells PEOPLE that the rumors partly motivated him to talk about his private life. "The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

As for how the revelation might affect Bass's career, Lehmkuhl tells Access, "I think it is always best in your career to be honest. ... He is going to have more support and more happiness and more freedom than he has ever had before and it is going to be a liberating experience. I guarantee it." I

ndeed, Bass is developing an Odd Couple-inspired sitcom pilot with his former bandmate Joey Fatone in which his character will be gay.

Lehmkuhl, who was a captain in the United States Air Force, will tell his own story in a book, Here's What We'll Say: A Memoir of Growing Up, Coming Out, and the U.S. Air Force, due out in October. "I say some things in my book that I'm not really proud of that I did, but I had to do these things for self-preservation," he tells Access.

"My book is about a personal journey between myself and other cadets at the Air Force Academy involving our coming to terms with our sexuality while at the same time realizing we had to protect ourselves from it."

So was Bass's recent revelation tied to the release of Lehmkuhl's book? "I have been thinking about writing this book for over 10 years. Lance and I have a very new relationship here," says Lehmkuhl. "Is Lance supportive of the book and excited about it? Yes. Did he prompt me to write it or prompt me to put it out? No."

Source




Mel Gibson's Statement on His DUI Arrest


Apologetic: Mel Gibson issued a statement Saturday apologizing for his arrest on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol. Police say his blood-alcohol content Friday was 0.12; drivers in California are considered intoxicated at 0.08. - Associated Press 2002 file photo.




The following is the complete text of Mel Gibson's statement regarding his arrest for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol:

"After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the L.A. County sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said and I apologize to anyone who I have offended.

"Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry.

"I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Source





Studio Head Calls Lohan 'Unprofessional'


Lindsay Lohan




A studio executive scolded Lindsay Lohan in a letter for her behavior on a movie set and doubted her reasons earlier this week when she said she suffered from heat exhaustion.

James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions, sent the letter dated July 26 to the 20-year-old actress, as well as agents, producers and others involved in the film.

On Tuesday, Lohan's publicist told the syndicated entertainment show "The Insider" that her client was taken to a hospital, where she was treated for overheating and dehydration. Lohan had been filming "Georgia Rule" in 105-degree weather for 12 hours that day, spokeswoman Leslie Sloan Zelnick said.

Robinson, 70, wasn't buying the excuse.

"You and your representatives have told us that your various late arrivals and absences from the set have been the result of illness; today we were told it was 'heat exhaustion.' We are well aware that your ongoing all night heavy partying is the real reason for your so-called 'exhaustion,'" Robinson wrote in the letter posted Friday on TheSmokingGun.com.

The letter was authenticated by a spokesman for Morgan Creek, according to the Web site and the Los Angeles Times.

Phone messages left for Zelnick and Morgan Creek were not immediately returned late Friday.
Lohan plays a troubled teen in "Georgia Rule," which also stars Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman. Robinson said in the letter that Lohan has been frequently late for filming and has been "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional."

"You have acted like a spoiled child and in so doing have alienated many of your co-workers and endangered the quality of this picture," Robinson wrote.

The studio executive also said if Lohan does not honor her commitments, the studio will pursue "full monetary damages" and take other necessary action to preserve the studio's financial interests.

The star of "Freaky Friday" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded," Lohan was treated at hospitals twice in January in London for a cut on her leg and in the Miami area for an asthma attack.
In 2005, she was hospitalized for exhaustion and lost a noticeable amount of weight.

Source

No comments: