Friday, July 14, 2006

Gena Lee Nolin: Motherhood Is My Priority


Nolin, Hulse and newborn son, Hudson.



With former Baywatch star Gena Lee Nolin and Calgary Flames hockey defenseman Cale Hulse as parents, 3-month-old Hudson Lee Hulse may feel right at home on Malibu Beach or the ice rink.

If big brother Spencer, 9, has his way, Hudson will need plenty of sunblock. "Spencer wants to teach him to surf," says Nolin, 34, who gave birth April 15 via emergency C-section after 14 hours of labor. For now the family (Nolin had Spencer with ex-husband Greg Fahlman; Hulse, 32, has daughter Caia, 5, from a previous relationship) is focused on nursing. "Cale jumps up for a feeding," says Nolin, who hand-painted trees in Hudson's nursery.

"I pump and he gives Hudson the bottle." She's also pumping iron after putting on 35 lbs. of baby weight, thanks to her killer cheeseburger cravings. To regain her fab form in six months, she's doing an hour of cardio and light weight lifting five days a week.

"It's not realistic to get super skinny in a month," says Nolin, who's equally matter-of-fact about her acting career. "I want to work, but being a mom is my No. 1 priority. My children teach me to slow down and enjoy life. ... My children are the reason I laugh, smile and want to get up every morning."

Source

No comments: