Saturday, August 19, 2006

Celebrity Musician Travis Barker: I'm Still in Love with Shanna

LePaparazzi Celebrity News Updates


Travis Barker




Travis Barker isn't keeping quiet about the reasons he's divorcing his wife and Meet the Barkers costar Shanna Moakler.

On Aug. 14 – a week after he filed for divorce – Barker, 30, posted a scathing message on his MySpace.com page accusing Moakler, 31, of partying hard, not spending enough time with their kids (Landon, 2, and Alabama, 7 months) and sleeping too much.

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, Barker explains, "I was hearing things in the press that Shanna was saying about me and it got to the point where it got so foul and so false that I wanted my fans to hear from me directly."

Moakler fired back to PEOPLE, "(His) airing of our dirty laundry in the media is not conducive to the well-being of my children, and I want no part of it."

On Tuesday, Barker talked to PEOPLE about what went wrong in his marriage, a certain egg-throwing problem and the MTV curse.

PEOPLE: How are you doing? Are you angry or sad?

BARKER:
I'm not in the angry phase at all because I'm still absolutely in love with Shan. It feels weird to not wake up to my children every day, to be honest. But I sneak over every morning to see the babies.

PEOPLE: Do they understand what's going on?

BARKER: Well, 'Bam is seven months old. She just pisses herself when she sees me because she's so excited because she was used to seeing me so much during the day. And my son just thinks I'm working like crazy right now.

PEOPLE: When did things start going downhill with you and Shanna?

BARKER:
About a year ago. I don't know if it was me touring and me constantly getting accused of things. She was unfortunately in a relationship before where someone was unfaithful to her and she told me when we first met that it scared her. I understood that going into it, but I didn't know it would be to the extreme that it was. To the point where I couldn't have friends that were girls and I couldn't hang out with my guy friends. They would get egged if they came to my house.

PEOPLE: Wait, is that a metaphor?

BARKER: There were times where I'd be accused of whatever. She'd say I was a bad father, just saying she hated me or whatever. Then I would leave the house because I couldn't take it. My manager would pick me up and he would get served with a dozen eggs. This would happen on the daily. This would happen on the weekly.

(Through her rep, Moakler responds: "I did egg his manager's car on one occasion and at the time it was well deserved and well worth it.")

Source

No comments: