Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Timberlake, not a Taylor Hicks Fan


Justin Timberlake is not in awe of Taylor Hicks’ talent.

“People think he looks so normal, and he’s so sweet and he’s so earnest, but he can’t carry a tune in a bucket,” Timberlake told Fashion Rocks, a supplement of Vanity Fair. Timberlake also thinks that Hicks’ fame is fragile. “If [Hicks] has any skeletons whatsoever, if God forbid, he’s gay, and if all these people in Mississippi who voted for him are like [then he takes on a thick southern accent], ‘Oh my god, I voted for a queer!’ It’s just too much pressure.”

The “Justified” singer has mixed feelings about “American Idol,” the show made Hicks famous. “I have a strange relationship with that show,” he said. “I despise it, yet I’m completely fascinated.”
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Of his former sweetie, Britney Spears, he said: “I dated Britney half my life, but I don’t know that woman anymore.”

Love on the rocks?
Looks like the romance between Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo may be on the rocks.

Lachey went to Australia earlier this month to promote his album, and his rebound sweetie stayed behind. Friends of the MTV talk show host, however, insist she’s relieved to have a little alone time. “She couldn’t wait for Nick to go because things were getting too heavy,” a friend of Minnillo told Life & Style Weekly, claiming that Lachey has brought up marriage and kids. “Vanessa says Nick’s gone overboard expressing his emotions.”

Another source, however, tells the Scoop it’s Lachey who wants a little more alone time. Either way, Minnillo reportedly hasn’t wasted any time looking to fill the man void. She turned to her ex-sweetie Derek Jeter for advice. “She makes it sound like their thing isn’t quite over,” the pal told L&S. “Derek could be her backup.” The Scoop’s source says Minnillo shouldn’t hold her breath on that one either.

Notes from all over...
Tom Cruise is making nice with his sweetie’s family. After an “emotional showdown” in which Katie Holmes demanded that Cruise make more concessions to her and her family, Cruise whisked Holmes’ family in his private plane to his hideaway in Telluride, Colorado, according to the National Enquirer. The family “bonded” with Cruise, reports the tab, which quotes a “family source” as saying, “He didn't talk Scientology once.” ... Paris Hilton and Tipper Gore don’t have much in common — but they do carry the same handbag. “It’s a fashionable, eco friendly purse made of old billboards and recycled Luna bar wrappers, available from Ecoist.com,” said a source. “Tipper carries one because of her interest in the environment and Paris carries one because of her interest in looking hot.” ... Christina Ricci says she doesn’t think she’ll ever be a major star because she’s too short. “I don’t think that’s ever going to happen for me,” the “Black Snake Moan” star tells Premiere. “I’m five-one first thing in the morning, and I tend to look really small on camera. I can probably go as far as Holly Hunter went, then I think that’s going to be it. I have a feeling I am way too small.”

Source: MSN

No comments: