Monday, November 19, 2007

Keira Knightley's Hollywood Snub




Keira Knightley will never move to Hollywood because everyone is too obsessed with movies.

The 'Atonement' actress, who lives in London, insists there is more to life than acting and fame, and insists she feels suffocated when she visits Tinseltown.

She said: "It's a funny place, I could never live in Hollywood, there's no where to escape to. You find yourself sitting around a lot and every conversation you have is about the movies. I think you have to be in a city that has different walks of life that you can observe - and, for me, that's London."

One of the things Keira most enjoys about the UK capital is the fact she can go out to her local pub and sit and enjoy a drink without being hassled by fans or paparazzi.

She added to Cosmopolitan magazine: "I get really homesick when I 'm away. I bought a house just before I did 'Pride and Prejudice' that I never lived in because I was away so much. I just want to be able to say this is my home, and this is where I shop and go to the pub. I have a great local pub in London, where the landlord is really nice. I usually have a beer and sit in the corner - only half a pint because I can't handle a full pint."

No comments: