Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tori Spelling's Hills homecoming



Tori Spelling is to star in the 'Beverly Hills 90210' spin-off.

The actress will reprise her role as Donna Martin in the new series, alongside former co-star Jennie Garth who is returning as Kelly Taylor.

She said: "Donna Martin was such a huge part of my life. It's going to be so fun to work with Jennie Garth again and see where Donna is today. When they say you can't go home again, it's not true. I'm headed back to the zip code I know best and couldn't be happier!"

When asked about her character's role in the new show, Tori added: "Donna loved designing and wanted a career in fashion. It'll be fun to explore that storyline. And, I'm sure fans will be dying to know if she's still married to David!"

A spokesperson for the show revealed: "Donna Martin will be the owner of one of the coolest stores in Beverly Hills, a shopping hot spot that is frequented by the new cast of characters."

The original show was created by Tori's late father, Aaron Spelling. The hit series ran for ten years until 2000, and Tori recently insisted her dad would have loved to see her in the spin-off.

She said: "I would love to be a part of it. I think it's a really good idea. '90210' was really the first of its kind, the first teen drama. It kind of laid the way for other shows like 'Dawson's Creek' and 'The O.C.'

"Who would I play? I would play the sexy mom obviously! Every teen drama has a hot mom - a stepmother, of course, because I couldn't possibly have a teenage daughter!"

The season finale saw Tori's character, Donna, marry long-term boyfriend David Silver, played by Brian Austin Green.

[Source]

No comments: