Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Billy Ray Cyrus brings ‘Hannah Montana’ home



Thanks to Billy Ray Cyrus, “Hannah Montana” is headed home. He and the real star of the Disney show, his 15-year-old daughter Miley, are busy filming the upcoming “Hannah Montana” flick in their home state of Tennessee, but, as he told OK! magazine, that wasn’t the original plan.

“When I read the initial script, it was all about me bringing Miley home to Tennessee, and we were going to go film it in Louisiana,” Billy Ray said. “To me, that was a red flag.”

That’s when “Hannah’s” dad contacted the studio suits to point out the obvious. “I called a few different people, and I said, ‘Wait a second, I really feel that Tennessee is the right place to make a movie about coming back to Tennessee,’” he told the magazine.

In an effort to seal the deal, Billy Ray, whose upcoming album just happens to be titled “Back to Tennessee,” sent photos of his hometown to Disney honchos.

“Disney came here last week, and they pulled me aside and said, ‘Thank you for bringing this film to Tennessee,’” Billy Ray explained. But, for the record, he doesn’t want credit for the relocation, as he added, “The bottom line is Tennessee sold itself. I brought it to the table and said, ‘I think it’s the right thing to do.’ It’s a great state. I’m really proud of it.”

[Source]

No comments: