Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jamie Lynn Spears gives birth to baby girl

17-year-old actress reportedly names 6-pound daughter Maddie Briann



Jamie Lynn Spears has given birth to a baby girl, according to People.com. The Web site is also reporting that the child, born at 9:30 a.m. Central time on Thursday, is named Maddie Briann.

The National Enquirer reported that Maddie was 6 pounds, 10 ounces, and was born in a hospital in Mississippi, not far from Jamie Lynn's Kentwood, La., home.

Spears, the 17-year-old little sister of pop star Britney Spears, has been living in Kentwood since December, retreating to her hometown shortly after announcing her pregnancy.

Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the baby, got engaged in March but have delayed their wedding until after the birth of their child.

News last fall that the then-16-year-old star of Nickelodeon's “Zoey 101” was expecting rocked a celebrity tabloid world already dealing with the exploits of Britney.

Jamie Lynn confessed the pregnancy to OK! magazine and said of her and Aldrige's reaction: “It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected. I was in complete and total shock and so was he.”

Spears initially kept the news to herself when she learned of the pregnancy from an at-home test and subsequent doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine.

“Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone’s opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me,” she said.

Spears broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine reported.

“She was very upset because it wasn’t what she expected at all,” Spears said. “A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive.”

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney’s young sons, told the magazine: “I didn’t believe it because Jamie Lynn’s always been so conscientious. She’s never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby.”

She said her actress daughter, the telegenic heroine of her popular Nickelodeon series, has known Aldridge for years and began dating him in high school.

Source

No comments: