Monday, June 16, 2008

Keira Knightley's Mom Blasts Anorexia Rumors




Two years after Keira Knightley defended herself against anorexia rumors, the actress’ mother is bashing “playground bullies” in the press for yet again accusing her super-slim daughter of having an eating disorder.

“She has always been thin. She’s her daddy’s daughter, with his long body,” Sharman Macdonald tells Britain’s Sunday Times.

She adds that Knightley has to “eat like a horse” to maintain a healthy weight—and that the 23-year-old follows a high-protein, high-carb diet to keep her weight on target.

In 2006, Knightley blasted rumors she suffered from an eating disorder.

She said: ‘I’ve got a lot of experience with anorexia - my grandmother and great-grandmother suffered from it, and I had a lot of friends at school who suffered from it, so I know it’s not something to be taken lightly and I don’t.”

Last year the Atonement star admitted to seeing her doctor to try to pack on some weight.

“I went to the doctor to be checked out and asked him what I could do to put on weight. He told me that, for someone of my body type to get to a size 12, I would have to eat a lot of s*** food, stop exercising and drink loads,” Knightley said.

“Basically, my body type is naturally thin. There is nothing I can do about it.”

Keira Knightley next appears on screen Sienna Miller in The Edge of Love, a movie about Welsh poet Dylan Thomas.

No comments: