Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jessica Simpson Opens Up About an Abusive Past


Jessica Simpson on Elle-September 2008.

While most stars keep their romantic lives under wraps, Jessica Simpson spills her guts on everything from her current boyfriend Tony Romo to an abusive relationship with an unnamed ex.

“Tony understands me,” she told Elle in their September issue. “He appreciates my talent. He’s the first person I’ve spiritually connected with. I’m a girl that loves to be in love. I love love!”

But, the 24-year-old singer’s love life hasn’t been all roses.

“I was going through a lot of pain,” she said of her past relationships. “I didn’t try anything to change my life other than dating different types of guys and conforming to their worlds. I thought I had to be artsier, more intellectual.”

When the asked about the song “Remember That” which references an abusive relationship she tells the magazine she has “definitely experienced abuse in a way that [she] would tell people to take their heart and run.”

But who is the mystery man? Simpson wouldn’t go into detail, but was quick to praise ex-boyfriend John Mayer making it clear he wasn’t the culprit.

“John believed in the Jessica Simpson that’s within,” she gushed. “He cherished our love. He helped make me the woman I am today. John is going to be an amazing man for someone, but I know that I was supposed to be with someone else.”

Photo and Source

No comments: