Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kylie Minogue: Disappointed with her last album 'X'



Kylie Minogue has admitted she is disappointed with her last album 'X'.

The Australian-born pop singer says although her 'X2008' tour has been well received, her post-breast cancer LP wasn't as good as it could have been.

Kylie told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "In retrospect we could definitely have bettered it, I'll say that straight up. 'Wow', '2 Hearts' and 'In My Arms' are crackers - they go off like a frog in a sock - but given the time we had, it is what it is."

Despite a huge push from her record label, the album

flopped in the US - not even making the top 100 of the American album charts.

However, Kylie isn't upset that Stateside success has eluded her.

She said: "I always go over there with the same attitude I've always had, which is, 'If it's to happen, it'll happen.' I'm kept pretty much busy enough. We'll see. I'm not racing over there. I'm heading home."

Kylie also revealed an unlikely inspiration for her tour - rock band Queen, in particular late flamboyant frontman Freddie Mercury.

Kylie added: "I'm releasing my inner Freddie Mercury. It's hard to explain but parts of the show are so over the top. When I sing 'Your Disco Needs You' it's a real Freddie moment."

IVideo News Network: Entertainment

No comments: