Friday, August 01, 2008

Mischa Barton: L.A. Was a Shock to the System



Mischa Barton’s name is never far from the tabloids, but the London-born actress insists it’s L.A. that’s the problem.

“When you’re 16, you don’t know what the hell you’re getting into,” she says of her early days in Hollywood. “L.A. was a shock to the system. The truth of the matter is, I was being irresponsible to begin with.”

The 22-year-old actress also attributes the entertainment industry’s intense media coverage as “a large part of what drives people in L.A. crazy,” recalling her own fifteen minutes of infamy following an arrest for DUI last December.

“The thing is, I hate drunk drivers,” she says of the incident. “Living in L.A., I can’t stand them, and that’s why I was so disappointed in myself.”

Barton has since completed rehab and taken a step back from the party scene.

“Nowadays, I feel I’m settling more into a woman and I’m understanding who I am.”

Photo and Source

No comments: