Sunday, September 07, 2008

Becki Newton adores her role as a superbitch on 'Ugly Betty'



Ugly Betty star Becki Newton adores her role as superbitch Amanda Tanen in the hit US show.

'This is my dream role - I’ve always loved comedy,' she says. 'I’m not afraid to go completely over the top.

'A lot of people are scared to seem silly or to embarrass themselves and I really don’t have that at all – I don’t mind making a fool of myself.

'I like to just have fun and really go for it.'

Becki, 30, who is married to actor Chris Diamantopoulos, gets on well with co-star America Ferrera.

'America's an amazing dancer,' she reveals. 'We sometimes have dance parties on set. We listen to a lot of Gwen Stefani, a lot of Kanye West, a lot of Rihanna – we’ll bust a move to just about anything.'

And there's a chance that on-screen the pair will start getting on better and become special pals.

'I think that possibly Amanda's relationship with Betty could be explored more – not on a romantic level, just as a friend,' says Becki, '...but then again, you never know!'

Photo and Source

No comments: