Saturday, October 04, 2008

Christina Applegate feeling positive after cancer op



Christina Applegate was delighted to dress up for the Emmy Awards following her double mastectomy.

Speaking on the red carpet at the event, the actress said she now appreciates the simple things in life.

‘It’s a great day… I’ve got a pretty dress on and lipstick, and [it’s] something I haven’t done in two months,’ she revealed.

‘Things happen, and you have to sit back and really, really embrace your life.’

Christina, 36, who missed out on an award for Best Actress In A Comedy, said she felt like a winner just being there.

‘I have so many people to thank,’ she told Ryan Seacrest. ‘First of all, I would thank everybody for the overwhelming love and support that I’ve gotten through all of this. It brings tears to my eyes.’

Her Samantha Who? co-star, Jean Smart, who picked up Best Supporting Actress In A Comedy, had nothing but admiration for her friend.

‘I’ve never seen an actress who’s so beloved by her cast and crew,’ she said. ‘I feel very protective of her.’

Photo and Source

No comments: