Thursday, October 30, 2008

David Beckham's gay pride



David Beckham was "proud" to be called the gayest straight and blackest white man in Britain.

The Los Angeles Galaxy soccer star embraces the views of him as a fashion icon who is in touch with his feminine side.

When asked about being labelled the "gayest straight man in Britain and the blackest white man" David said: "Yes, I like that. When someone said that about me, it made me laugh and I was quite proud of it.


"To have that kind of effect on so many different people around the world, I was honoured. When people talk to me about being a gay icon I think of it as a great honour."

David attracted a new group of fans after wearing a sarong in 1998, admitting he used nail varnish and being interviewed by gay magazine 'Attitude'.

The 33-year-old sportsman insists he doesn't regret any of his fashion choices.

He added to GQ magazine: "If I see something I like I wear it. No matter what I think people are going to say about me. I don't do it for a statement, I do it because I like wearing different things."

Source

No comments: