Sunday, October 05, 2008

Naomi Campbell: Sarah brown encourages me to help charity



Naomi Campbell says meeting Gordon Brown’s wife Sarah opened her eyes to lack of facilities for women giving birth in the Third World.

The model met Sarah to learn about the White Ribbon Alliance, which promotes safer childbirth. The PM's wife lost her daughter Jennifer Jane when she was just 10 days old.

‘When Sarah started talking I though she was going to cry,’ she says. ‘When someone’s talking from experience, it’s very touching.’

Naomi, 38, organised her recent Fashion For Relief show to raise money for the charity.

10,000 women die while giving birth every week, a figure that horrifies Naomi.

‘It’s a huge problem,’ she tells the Daily Mirror. ‘We’re very fortunate but these people don’t have the equipment to deliver a baby.

‘I connected with it, I’m a woman, I’d like to have kids.’

Photo and Source

No comments: