Friday, October 24, 2008

Richard Gere: I thought I'd be dead by the time I was 30



Actor wasn't very optimistic about his future

Richard Gere has revealed that he was convinced he’d die young.

The actor, who turns 60 next year, assumed he'd pop his clogs in his 20s.



‘I thought I’d be dead by the time I was 30, so the fact I’ve lasted this one amazes me,’ Richard tells Metro.



‘When I was shooting The Hunting Party in Sarajevo, the film crew did a press conference to introduce ourselves to the community.

'There was a very shy young girl sat at the back who raised her hand. She said: “On behalf of 3 generations of my family I’d like to thank for you continuing to make movies.”

'I thought: “How sweet.” Then I thought: “I’m really old!”’
He has been married to actress Carey Lowell for 6 years. They have 8-year-old son Homer.

Richard’s new film Nights In Rodanthe starring Diane Lane, 43, is out now.

Source

No comments: