Monday, November 17, 2008

Samantha Ronson's PETA fury




Samantha Ronson has blasted animal rights group PETA for pelting her girlfriend Lindsay Lohan with flour.

The DJ has branded the person who threw the flour at Lindsay - who arrived at the VIP Room Theater nightclub in Paris, France, wearing a fur stole on Saturday (15.11.08) - no better than an "animal".

Samantha - who has been dating 'Mean Girls' star Lindsay since early this year - wrote on her blog: "The girl who threw the flour acted like an animal herself. I take that back, it's an insult to animals to group her in with them, my dog is FAR more civilized than that person.

"It's a pity that some groups feel the need to assault people as opposed to fighting with words. Whenever I feel the need to vent about something that feels unfair to me I reach for my computer, I don't run out of the house with abusive intentions. I don't expect everyone to react the same way, but I do expect people to respect each other."

A representative for PETA - who included Lindsay on their Worst Dressed List earlier this year because of her frequent fur wearing - has defended the group's actions.

Spokesperson Robbie LeBlanc explained: "There is nothing remotely 'fashionable' about the torture and death of animals killed for fur. Lindsay Lohan might be able to ignore images of bloody animals skinned alive for their pelts, but we hope a dash of flour will help her rise to the occasion and forsake fur once and for all."

Source

No comments: