Thursday, January 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze: I'm almost clear of pneumonia




Actor is recovering well with antibiotics

Patrick Swayze says he is recovering well from pneumonia.

The actor, who has pancreatic cancer, was hospitalised last Friday.

He contacted his doctor after having a persistent cough.

‘It made me suspect there was a possibility of some kind of infection,' he says.
'I wanted to jump on it before it turned into a problem.

'As soon as I got home, I called my doctor and then went straight to the hospital and was immediately put on antibiotics.'

But Patrick, 56, is confident he'll be back on his feet soon.

'I am alive and plan on continuing to stay that way,' he tells People. 'I don’t plan on being in the hospital long. I am almost in the clear now.’

Source

No comments: