Friday, February 06, 2009

Holly Madison's Hefner awkwardness




Holly Madison quit her Playboy job because working with ex-boyfriend Hugh Hefner was "awkward".

The 29-year-old star - who split from the magazine mogul last year - decided to give up her role as the raunchy publication's Playmate Editor to avoid spending time with Hugh.

She wrote on her MySpace blog: "It was awkward. Not that anyone tried to make it awkward or didn't treat me fairly... it just was."

Holly added she didn't feel the job - which saw her finding fresh faces to fill Playboy pages - was "challenging" her.

She continued: "After two years of it, I no longer found it challenging. It got to be routine, which was sad for me, since I was initially so passionate about the job and the creative aspects involved.

"So as you can imagine, when one is trying to move on with their life, it isn't beneficial to spend so much time on something that doesn't pay much and sadly enough is no longer rewarding to you."

The star is furious at claims she "faked" the role to make her appearances on reality TV show 'Girls Next Door' more exciting, adding she worked hard.

She wrote: "It annoys me when people call the job fake as if it was just a set up for the show. If I had wanted a fake career for 'Girls Next Door' I would have stuck with the jewellery line because that required very little of my time. I spent way more than full time directing shoots, editing, making mock layouts and approving retouching."

Source

No comments: