Friday, February 20, 2009

Kate Winslet's No Nudity Vow




Kate Winslet won't appear naked in a film again.

The actress - who is nude for most of her scenes in Holocaust drama 'The Reader' - doesn't want to strip off in front of the cameras for anymore roles.

She said "I don't think I will get naked in a movie again. I can't keep getting away with it and I don't want to become 'that actress who always gets her kit off'.

The 33-year-old star - who has two children Mia, eight, and five-year-old Joe - has appeared nude in 10 films, including 'Titanic', 'Hamlet' and 'Little Children'.

Despite her vow, Kate - who is nominated for Best Actress at the Academy Awards on Sunday (22.02.09) - previously claimed will only bare all if it enhances a scene.

She said I've always felt, because I have done a lot of nudity, very fortunate to have really and truly believed in those relationships and those very intimate moments.

"In every single case I feel that any level of nudity in the films that I've been a part of has been absolutely relevant and has actually really enhanced the story."

Kate's penchant for celluloid stripping hasn't gone unnoticed by her fellow actresses.Halle Berry - who flashed her flesh for her Oscar-winning role in 'Monster's Ball' - said "Kate Winslet is always naked, sitting on a toilet, or running buck naked. I want to be the kind of actress who can really be comfortable with my body like that.

Source

No comments: