Sunday, February 08, 2009

Miley Cyrus accused of racism over a picture that appeared on the net



TEEN film sensation MILEY CYRUS has hit back after being accused of racism over a picture of her that appeared on the net.

In the offending snap, the 16-year-old, her boyfriend JUSTIN GASTON and other pals pulled their eyes as they posed with an Asian friend.

But Hannah Montana star Miley wrote on her blog that she and pals were merely "making goofy faces" in pictures that were interpreted "out of context".

She wrote: "In no way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing.

"If that would have been anyone else, it would have been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'bad girl'.

"I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and acting!"

The teen star had come under fire from American-Asian community groups who demanded an apology after the snap emerged.

Miley previously had to apologize to fans when scantily-clad snaps of her were leaked onto the internet.

Photo nad Source

No comments: