Saturday, April 15, 2006

4 th Times A Charm! Scary Movie 4 Review



So last night, hubby and I went and saw SCARY MOVIE 4. As I am a scary movie aficionado, I fully recognized and identified with the fine crafted parodies and silly story lines. The movie is of course crude, in your face and borderline offensive, and that is why I totally loved it.


4 stays true through and through with it’s original characters and you have to totally love that. There’s nothing worse than watching a sequel, a prequel or even a 3rd, 4th, or 5th part of a movie series that changes its character base. Need I name names?

The movie grabs pieces and parts from many horror and suspense flicks, plus some controversial and funny ones from the last couple of years. The movie starts out with a pretty crazy take on Saw and moves on to some truly unforgettable, tacky (and oh so wrong) twists of Brokeback Mountain. From very funny Village references, to the wacky War of the Worlds plot, to the gruesome Grudge, I laughed the whole time and it was great.

The Scary Movie makers definitely have a ‘make fun of the president’ agenda, which is fun no matter what side of the fence you’re on politically. There are some adventurous moments where the movie pokes fun at the love to hate Dr. Phil, Michael Jackson and even the annoying, but hilarious TomKat/Oprah situation. “I’M IN LOVE!” Seeing the Tom Cruise-esque character jump up and down like a monkey on acid is overly classic and reminds me of just how much I cannot stand the photo op addicted, "Dianetics"-devoted duo.

I give this movie 5 out of 5 Stars and I recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humor!

The only down side:
Because the flick has a PG-13 rating, expect your theater to be crammed full of face-sucking teens and annoying screaming girls talking on their cell phones.

http://www.scarymovie.com/

No comments: