Saturday, April 15, 2006

Jennifer Lopez: Marc Makes Me 'Chill'

LePaparazzi News Updates


Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony

When it comes to her look and her life, "I've always marched to the beat of my own drum," says Jennifer Lopez.

But then, she also concedes to Harpers Bazaar for its May issue, she has a good accompanist – her husband of nearly two years, Marc Anthony. "He makes me slow down and eat lunch, which I used not to do," she says.

"We have different philosophies. I've been so disciplined. His process is 'Chill, don't kill yourself.' "Maybe," she suggests, "I've got a martyr thing because I was raised Catholic. But with him I feel like I should relax and slow down. That's a first for me."

Of her low-key spouse, she says: "He lets his talent speak for him; he doesn’t feel the need to broadcast." When it comes to dressing, Lopez says, "I just don't have fashion fear.

I've always been able to see how many different styles can work." That isn't to say she didn't get the jitters last year when she unveiled her Sweetface clothing line, which she calls " the most nerve-racking thing I've ever done.

" Still, when it comes to style icons, she admires "anybody who's fearless. Women who've started their own trends, who don't care what other people are thinking."

These include Gwen Stefani and Madonna. "Those two have blazed their own trails." And when asked if she dresses for her husband – whom she admits "has a good eye" – Lopez responds: "I really dress for me."

Source


'Babyface' Files Suit Against Anita Baker


Babyface

Grammy-winning singer-producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds has filed a breach of contract lawsuit against singer Anita Baker, claiming she owes him more than $250,000.

According to the lawsuit, filed Thursday in Superior Court, Baker broke two oral agreements with Edmonds, who co-wrote, produced and performed on the song "Like You Used to Do" on Baker's 2004 album "My Everything."

The lawsuit claims Baker refused to pay Edmonds producer's royalties equaling at least $100,000 from an estimated more than 500,000 albums sold.

Edmonds, 47, also alleges that he and Baker had an agreement to play four concerts together, but that Baker canceled two shows and refused to pay $150,000 for those dates.

Source


Eminem: Proof was my brother


Eminem's group D-12

Proof,
"You don't know where to begin when you lose somebody who's been such a big part of your life for so long.

Proof and I were brothers. He pushed me to become who I am. Without Proof's guidance and encouragement there would have been a Marshall Mathers, but probably not an Eminem and certainly never a Slim Shady.

Not a day will go by without his spirit and influence around us all. He will be missed as a friend, father and both the heart and ambassador of Detroit hip-hop.

Right now, there's a lot of people focusing on the way he died. I want to remember the way he lived. Proof was funny, he was smart, he was charming. He inspired everyone around him. He can never, ever be replaced. He was, and always will be, my best friend." - Eminem

Source





No comments: