Thursday, July 06, 2006

Amber Frey Gets Married in California


Amber Frey



Amber Frey, Scott Peterson's former mistress and a key witness in his prosecution, wed Robert Hernandez on Wednesday, PEOPLE has learned exclusively. "

Amber Frey will be married today to Robert Hernandez," Frey's attorney, Gloria Allred, told PEOPLE that afternoon. "Mr. Hernandez works in law enforcement. The couple will be married in California and are very happy.

They plan to live in the Fresno area." Frey, 31, a Fresno-based massage therapist, has two children: daughter Ayianna, born in 2001, and son Justin, 2, from previous relationships.
Last year a DNA test determined that Ayianna's father is Fresno bar owner Christopher B. Funch and not Anthony D. Flores, as Frey had previously believed.

Justin's dad is Frey's ex-boyfriend, chiropractor David Markovich. Frey made headlines in 2004 when she gave dramatic testimony in the murder trial of her former lover, Scott Peterson.

Frey and Peterson had dated in late 2002, and on Christmas Eve of that year, Peterson's pregnant wife, Laci, disappeared. On Nov. 12, 2004, a jury found Peterson guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Laci and second-degree murder in the slaying of their unborn child, Conner.

A month later, he was sentenced to death. Now on death row in San Quentin State Prison, Peterson, 33, has struck up a pen-pal relationship with Rachelle Nice, 36, one of the jurors who convicted him.

Nice told PEOPLE last month she's hoping that Peterson will eventually confess to the murders. "If he comes clean, I don't think things will change, but it will put a lot of people's minds at ease and at rest," she said. "This has to eat at him. It has to. I don't know if it will make things better, but it will put his mind at ease."

For her part, Frey has no doubt that she did the right thing. "The whole experience was very trying, emotionally," she told PEOPLE in 2005. "For most people, it was just a story, but to me it was part of my life, a very painful part. I don't know if I've made my mark on the world, but I'm young, and I have my whole life ahead of me – and I intend to do my best."

Source

No comments: