Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Courteney Cox: I Lean on Jen Aniston


Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston




Last week Courteney Cox told Life magazine, "I'm a great caretaker." But who takes care of her during tough times? "There are a few people that I would go to," Cox, 42, told PEOPLE Monday night at an event she hosted at the Comedy Store in Los Angeles to benefit the EB Medical Research Foundation. "But I would say my mom and Jennifer (Aniston)."

Cox and husband David Arquette were on hand to support a family friend whose child suffers from Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), an incurable genetic disorder that affects about 25,000 people in the U.S. and causes skin to become as fragile and easily torn as tissue paper.

Its sufferers are known as "butterfly children" because their skin can be damaged by even the lightest contact. Why did Cox get involved with the charity? "This horrible genetic problem that no one knows about – there's not enough awareness out there," she said. "I feel so fortunate because David and I – having Coco, we were so blessed.

I would say that that's where my heart is most." Cox is also the spokesperson for Kinerase Clear Skin Collection and Vitamins, which, through the end of October, is donating 5 percent of proceeds to the EB Medical Research Foundation.

Source

No comments: