Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Drew Barrymore Says She's Ready for Kids


Drew Barrymore





Drew Barrymore is ready to start a family, she says. "I definitely feel the beginnings of a tick tock," Barrymore, 31, tells InStyle in its September issue.

"Whether I have children or adopt – whatever form a family comes in, I would absolutely love to have it." And she's getting more domestic, she says: She won a Project Runway-style dressmaking contest on the set of her new movie, Lucky You, and says she plans to start saving sewing kits from the hotels she stays in with her boyfriend, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti. Still, she admits, "I can't cook. Fab makes a few good things, but we mostly order in."

Another thing has changed as she's gotten older (she stresses that she's "31 and a half"): She's become more comfortable in her skin.

"You learn to love your body," she says. "You can't look at models and feel bad about yourself. I'm not the kind of girl who can stuff her face with pasta all the time and not gain weight."

To stay healthy, "I've been running and doing yoga and Pilates, and I love the way it makes my mind and body feel," she says. "I really don't obsess about it."

But even though she's ready to be a mom, she hasn't quite processed that fact that she's a grown up.

"Am I going to walk home from work one day … and realize I'm a homeowner? That I run a production company and have responsibilities and a long-term relationship?" she says.

"All of those things are so adult. I keep wondering when it's going to hit me. Maybe it never will. And that's okay." The new issue of InStyle hits newsstands Aug. 18.

Source

No comments: