Friday, May 11, 2007

Lepaparazzi News Update: Brangelina's Biggest Problem? Quality Time



(CBS) In a interview with Readers Digest, Angelina Jolie contradicts tabloid reports that her relationship with Brad Pitt is in trouble.

Does the world's most beautiful couple fight? "Not really. We'll get into issues about global events or something that was just on the news," she says.

The actress says she and her partner approach the gossip that surrounds them in a certain way. "Our first question is, 'What paper is it in?' " she says. "The New York Times? If not, do we really need to worry?"

She admits that their biggest problem as a couple is spending quality time together. "Right now, that's our problem! We hang out. We try to talk over the swing set. We'll have a date night once everybody is settled," she says.

Jolie says that their newest family member, adopted son Pax, gets scared if she is gone for more than a few hours so it's hard to have date nights. "But we'll get them occupied with a movie and popcorn and try to run off and lock the door for a bit," she says.

Jolie explains that Pax cried a lot the first few days of his new life and that she hired a translator to better communicate with him.

"By day three, he didn't want me to put him down. I think he got used to the reality that somebody loves you and that's what a mommy is," she says.

She tells the magazine that she and Pitt planned to have a biological child to add to their brood of adopted children.

"It was (intentional)," Jolie says of her first pregnancy. "Before I met Brad, I always said I was happy never to have a child biologically. He told me he hadn't given up that thought. Then, a few months after Z (Zahara) came home, I saw Brad with her and Mad, and I realized how much he loved them, that a biological child would not in any way be a threat. So I said, 'I want to try.' "

The result was daughter Shiloh. They have three adopted children, son Maddox, daughter Zahara and son Pax, almost 4, who they adopted from Vietnam. She says the decision to adopt an older child was well considered.

"As kids get older, it's harder for them to be adopted. I wasn't prepared a few years ago, but I felt now our home was stable, and I could balance that," she says.

She says that each child gets personal time with them both at certain points in the day. But Sundays in the Jolie-Pitt household are a free for all.

"We have a big family sleep, when the boys get in bed with us and we watch a movie. It started with Mad, then Pax, and now Z is desperate to move into the bed. We're talking about having to build a bigger bed!" she says.

Jolie says their decision to have a large family was mutual. "I met this amazing person, and we realized we had very similar views on how we wanted to live our lives," she tells Readers Digest. "It's happened quickly, with so many children. Yesterday, picking up the kids from school, Brad turned around in the car, and there were three of them. He couldn't stop laughing. We love them and are having a great time."

Jolie says there is no "conspiracy behind" their decision not to marry and that they do plan to have more kids, "more biological, more adopted."

"I don't know if I'm good at marriage," she says with a laugh. "It's just been, I think we're … two people who've been married before and our focus when we got together was family, and we are legally bound to our children and that seems to be the most important thing … what I came to understand, it didn't matter to me as much how somebody committed to me, but it mattered a great deal to me if they committed to my child."
[Source]

No comments: