Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Jessica Alba being a laid back parent



Jessica Alba plans to be careful when it comes to raising a high-strung child.

“Kids’ personalities have so much to do with the parents and their mentality,” the 27-year-old told Britain’s Sunday Express for their S Magazine. “If you’re very paranoid and uptight and won’t let your child cross the street, they are going to take on that anxiety. If you’re a little more laid-back and make your kids responsible for their actions, you’ll probably have an easier time with them. I guess I’ll find out.”

Alba welcomed her first child with Cash Warren, Honor Marie, in June.

Although she is attempting to leave her paranoia behind, the actress has been studying up on children’s health issues.

“I’ve been reading a lot about kids and infections, autism and vaccinations,” adds Alba, who suffered from health problems as a child. “I’ve come to think that perhaps I was a product of my environment or the vaccines or something my mother took when she was pregnant.”

Already, Alba finds that her own eating habits have drastically changed.

“I used to be a just a coffee for breakfast, yogurt for lunch girl,” she told the magazine. “Now I have to have something every couple of hours. I turn into Satan if I don’t eat.”

Photo

Source

No comments: