Thursday, November 20, 2008

'Fantastic' Catwoman Angelina Jolie




Angelina Jolie would make a "fantastic" Catwoman, says Aaron Eckhart.

The 'Dark Knight' actor was delighted to hear Angelina is being lined up to play the feline villain and thinks a new Batman movie would be a box office smash if she lands the starring role.

Aaron said: "I thought that was a fantastic idea. When I read that, I felt like all of our records that we made would be broken if she did Catwoman."

The actor added he was equally as excited about rumours Johnny Depp may take the part of the Riddler, but joked to Us Weekly magazine: "Every time I hear these guys mentioned, I feel worse about myself!"

Veteran actress Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the 'Batman' TV series from 1966 to 1968, has previously claimed Angelina would be the perfect choice to play the iconic role.

She said: "Angelina would own the part. I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love.

"She is tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."

Since the TV series, other actresses to take on the role of Catwoman include Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992 movie 'Batman Returns', while Halle Berry's portrayal of the villain in 2004 film 'Catwoman' was panned by critics worldwide

Source

No comments: