Monday, February 09, 2009

Duffy's 'cut-throat' loving




Duffy is "brutally cut-throat" when it comes to relationships.

The 'Mercy' singer - who has been nominated for four BRIT awards for her debut album 'Rockferry' - has broken many hearts over the years because she didn't want her personal life to get in the way of her singing career.

She said: "I realised that to do the thing that was going to make me happy, I had to leave everything behind - boyfriends included. I can be terribly cut-throat when it comes to relationships. I've got a trail of casualties. It's not something I'm proud of. It's probably a flaw in me, but it's a way of surviving."

The 24-year-old beauty has admitted she hasn't ruled out finding "true love" but is in no hurry to settle down.

She explained: "I'm just like everyone else out there looking for true love. I don't want everyone to love me. Just one person. But I'm not giving up. I even believe in love at first sight. It happened to me once - I fell for this guy, but it was his best friend who fell for me. I didn't want to end up in some awful love triangle, so I walked away. Right now I'm in no hurry. But who knows?"

The Welsh star's debut album 'Rockferry' was recently named the biggest-selling LP of 2008 after a staggering 1.685 million copies were sold, and her single 'Mercy' was one of the top three best selling tracks.

Source

No comments: