Monday, February 09, 2009

Penelope Cruz' Valentines sorrow




Penelope Cruz has never received a Valentine's Day card.

The actress - who doesn't like talking about her private life - has always been left disaspointed on the romantic day (14.02.09).

She said: "I do not like talking about love. It is too revealing. But I have had so much love in my life, and I am always open to it. Valentine's Day cards means nothing to me. I have never sent one - and never had one.

"I never talk about romance. I'm afraid of what might come out if I talk. There was gossip about Matt Damon and myself after we made the film 'All the Pretty Horses'. We said there was no truth in it but we kept getting asked about it. I thought: 'Why do we have to explain? It is not right that I am being asked if I am with someone or not.' "

The 34-year-old actress - who dated 'Valkyrie' star Tom Cruise for three years - says her close family is the reason why she believes she is lucky in love.

She told Britain's Sunday Times: "I like to think I have a proper view of love. Age does not come into it. I love older people and I love children.
"I have been lucky: love has always been there. My father and my mother, Eduardo and Encarna, brought me and my sister, Monica, and brother, Eduardo, to love and appreciate each other. A close family is very important. It can set you up for life."


The Spanish beauty has been nominated for an Oscar for her role in 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' - in which she plays a woman who embarks on a three-way relationship with her ex-husband and his new girlfriend, played by Scarlett Johansson.

Source

No comments: