Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Al Reynolds Insists He’s Not Gay, And Still Loves Star Jones



Don’t call Star Jones’ ex “Big Gay Al”—not only does he insist he’s not gay in a recent interview, he admits to a soft spot for his ex.

“I still very much love her,” Reynolds told The AP Monday. “I do. I can’t lie to you.”

Reynolds insists he’s not gay, and admits the tabloid speculation about his sexuality has damaged his professional reputation. The 37-year-old former banker said he has not dated anyone since the end of his relationship with Jones, nor has he spoken to the former prosecutor.

Jones’ soon-to-be ex-husband is opening up about his relationship with the former co-host of ABC’s “The View” in an interview being posted Tuesday on YouTube.

“I was approached by a number of media outlets to do interviews, and most of them wanted me to trash my wife,” Reynolds said. “I wasn’t interested in participating in the sensationalism.”

Jones filed for divorce from Reynolds in March after three years of marriage.

Reynolds said his marriage to Jones began to unravel last year when Jones was launching her truTV talk show and Reynolds began teaching at Florida Memorial University in Miami. He said the pair separated in February, and he was served divorce papers in March. Reynolds was surprised when Jones issued a public statement about the dissolution of their marriage in April.

“I don’t know if I can point to a specific thing that happened,” said Reynolds. “I felt like we started to grow apart. I took a position down in Florida. I started working aggressively on my book. She was trying to get her show off the ground. We were also trying to deal with all the negative stuff after we allowed the media into our marriage.”

Reynold’s admits he can’t see himself with anybody else yet.

“I feel like I’ve still got a little bit of healing to do,” said Reynolds. “I’m not sure I could open that emotional side of myself up to anyone else right now. After the divorce is final, I’ll probably be a little bit more interested in that. Right now, I’m focusing on teaching and finishing my doctorate degree.”

Jones and Reynolds tied the knot in an over-the-top ceremony in November 2004.

Photo and Source

No comments: